The Bone Broth contains tons of collagen that gives our skin strength and elasticity.
When you meet people, how do you assess their age?
While a lot of factors contribute to aging, the No 1 giveaway of somebody’s age is often his or her skin. Generally, as we age, skin loses some of its elasticity and we start noticing fine lines, wrinkles and other appearances of aging that are often most noticeable around the eyes and mouth.
By drinking Bone Broth which is rich in collagen and minerals you can not only slowdown the aging process of your skin but also improve your joint health, reduce cellulite and strengthen your immune system.
Basic Bone Broth recipe:
It should make about 5/6 cups. To maximize the benefit of the broth you should drink 1 cup a day.
• 2 pounds (1kg) of beef or chicken bones preferably organic.
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 1 medium onion
• 2 garlic cloves (add the garlic 30 min before you stop cooking).
• sea salt and pepper to taste
• 1 bay leaf
• bunch of fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
• If you are using raw beef bones, it improves flavor by roasting them for about 30 minutes in 180C oven.
• Place the bones in the slow cooker and pour (filtered) water over the bones and add the vinegar. Let sit for 20-30 minutes in the cool water. The acid helps make the nutrients in the bones more available.
• Roughly chop and add the vegetables (except the parsley and garlic) to the pot and add salt, pepper spices, or herbs, if using.
• Bring the broth to a boil. Once it has reached a vigorous boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer 12 to 24 hours.
• During the first couple of hours of simmering, you will need to remove with a big spoon the frothy layer that floats on the surface.
• During the last 30 minutes add crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
• Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
• Strain using a fine metal strainer to remove all the bits of bone and vegetable. When cool enough, sore in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for later use.